The first step in getting your beauty budget under control is to decide what your relationship with makeup is. And this comes down to how functional you find makeup in your everyday life.
Other posts you may enjoy:
Here’s a couple questions you can ask yourself to determine what your relationship with makeup is:
- Do I wear makeup on a daily basis? If so, is it something I enjoy doing or something I do out of necessity?
- Do I wear makeup if I don’t have to?
- Do I regularly consume beauty content? For example, watching YouTube beauty videos during my down time or following beauty influencers on Instagram,
- Do I purchase makeup solely because I want to or because I ran out of a product and need to replace it?
- Does not purchasing a recent makeup launch give me anxiety?
- Do I have multiples of the same product? Multiple eyeshadow palettes, concealers, blushes, etc
- Do I feel confident or overwhelmed when I walk into an Ulta or Sephora?
- Am I running out of space to store all the makeup I have? Or have I had to seek our storage solutions to store all the makeup I have?
- Have I gone into debt to purchase makeup?
- Have I ever lied to hide a makeup purchase from a loved one?
- Do I subscribe to any makeup subscription boxes?
- Do you find yourself playing with makeup as a way to destress, a means of self-care, or just to pass the time?
Obviously, the more questions you answered “yes” to, the more you probably love makeup. Think of your answer on a scale of 1-5 – the more yes’s you answered the closer you are to a 5. These are just a couple questions to really get your wheels turning to further define your relationship with makeup.
There are no wrong answers here either. And absolutely no shame whether you’re a 1 or a 5! This exercise is all about getting honest with yourself in order to begin assessing your beauty budget.
Comment below with your answer! Are you a 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5? Any guesses to which I am?
Lastly, if you found this interesting or helpful, please share it with a fellow makeup lover! Or your mom!