If you’ve been following me for any length of time, then you may have picked up on the fact that I despise full-band false lashes. I find them absolutely uncomfortable and hate wearing them. To still add some drama to my looks, I’ve been using Ardell or Kiss lash trios for the last year or so. Those are comfortable to wear and I love them, but they do take some time and patience to apply. So I was thrilled when I saw these Ardell magnetic lashes! They looked so easy peasy, comfortable, and affordable! And they’re available in an accent style, which is basically the style I was going for using the lash trios. So I picked up the Ardell magnetic lashes 001. Of course I scooped them up to try out for you guys, so here is my Ardell magnetic lashes review.
How the Ardell magnetic lashes work
If you’ve never heard of magnetic lashes before, you may be really confused as to what they actually are. Magnetic lashes are lashes that adhere via tiny, little magnets, instead of lash glue like traditional lashes.
And if you’ve ever used lash glue before, then you know how much of a pain in the butt it can be! Applying too much means you can glue your eye shut, and applying too little means your lashes won’t stay put.
The Ardell magnetic lashes eliminate all of that!
Other beauty posts you may be interested in…
You apply them by resting the upper lashes on top of your real lashes. Next, you take the bottom lash band underneath your real lashes and sandwich your real lashes between the two bands. The magnets automatically catch and boom – done!
Ardell Magnetic Lashes Review
What I liked about them
- I absolutely love not having to use lash glue!
- The magnets are surprisingly strong. I was concerned they wouldn’t be strong enough to completely adhere them to my lashes. However, they aren’t so strong that I have to pull my lashes while removing them.
- No lash glue means that your false lashes will last much longer.
- At $13.99 each, these are very affordable, especially in comparison to other magnetic lashes by other brands.
- Four styles available: the accent lash (the style I got), #110’s, wispies, and their famous demi wispies.
- They’re super comfortable to wear!
- No lash glue means that peeling off your lashes during the middle of the day won’t ruin your eye makeup.
What I didn’t like about them
- I don’t think the lashes easily conform to my eye shape. Most lashes don’t, but that’s rectified by using lash glue to force it to conform. The problem I’m having here is that the pull of the magnets bring them together further away from my lash line than I want. So instead of the lash band sitting right at the base of my lashes, the magnets are resting more towards the middle of my lash strand.
- These are a little too dramatic for what I wanted them for. I wanted these to be an easy lash I could wear everyday, even on days where I don’t wear any eyeshadow. These lashes are a bit too long and curly for that. To be honest, I kind of feel like a Who from The Grinch. I recognize that this is something that is completely preferential though. And I also recognize that these lashes will look great with a more dramatic eyeshadow look.
We’re about to get into a few photos so that I can showcase how these lashes looked on me. Be sure to scroll all the way through for the rest of my blog post!
While the second point is just a matter of preference, the first one isn’t – the first one is definitely a design flaw. So I turned to trusty YouTube to see some other reviews on this product.
Turns out that lots of people have had that same problem! Luckily, I came across this video that demonstrated a “hack” to solve it!
Chopping up these lashes made me nervous too! However, at this point, they were basically useless, so what did I have to lose?!
This hack worked out great! It gives me much more control when applying these lashes.
At this point you may be thinking that seems like a lot of work for these Ardell magnetic lashes when I could just use traditional lashes with lash glue; however, the magnetic lashes are that much more comfortable! And besides, it’s just a few snips and only takes a couple seconds.
Just be sure that every section of lash has a magnet on it, otherwise it will not work, and only trim the bottom lash band.
Over all, I really love these Ardell magnetic lashes and look forward to using them again in the near future!