This post is also applicable to friends with blogs, Etsy shops, etc.
It’s my belief that friends want to help their friends. And if you have good friends in the direct selling (DS) business, your desire to support and encourage your friends probably extends to your friends’ businesses, right?
But with the amount of women joining direct selling companies, how can you possibly afford to support them all?! I’m gonna guess you have at least 2-5 people in your life that are with a company, if not closer to 8-10. Supporting that many businesses could seriously squeeze your wallet.
Did you know that you can support your friends in direct selling without spending money?! That’s right – by opening your heart, not your wallet, you can still support your friends.
Share, Share, Share, Share, and Share Some More!
Direct selling is often referred to as network marketing and when you share with your network you help a ton!
Some ways you can share are:
- Referrals! When someone in your life mentions looking for a specific product or item that your friend sells, share! Never be shy to share your DS friend’s number.
- When someone compliments you in a manner that is related to your DS friend’s business, share! For example, if you’re using Mary Kay skincare and someone comments on how great your skin looks, respond with, “Thanks! I actually use Mary Kay! I love my consultant and she loves to give out free samples. Do you want her number?”
- If you fall in love with a particular product or item, snap a selfie/picture and share it on your social media! Be sure to relate the caption to the product/item and tag your friend.
- Host a party to share with your friends and family. Lots of hostess programs include FREE products/items.
- Finally, don’t be shy on social media! Facebook and Instagram run off of algorithms, and the more activity a post gets, the more people will see that post, thus generating more activity. Commenting, liking, and sharing are all greatly appreciated by DS girls! This tip is especially true for bloggers.
Almost as important as sharing is NOT pushing. If someone says they aren’t interested, leave it at that. The simple fact that you opened your mouth and shared with someone is greatly appreciated, even if nothing immediately comes out of it.
Lastly, please, please, please always know that women in DS companies so appreciate your business and support, however you show it. You are making a difference in our lives and the lives of our families. You allow us to contribute to our households while keeping our children at home. You allow us to put food on our tables and gas in our cars. You allow us to share our passion and purpose with you and your circle. You allow us to change our lives, and our words of gratitude will never be enough.
What’s your favorite DS product/item you have?